Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Colbert Paleo-Nation!

Stephen Colbert recently interviewed John Durant regarding the "caveman diet". Here's the clip of this entertaining, humorous and pretty informative interview.

I like what I've seen of this guy. In the short time Colbert talked to him, he hit a lot of the main points of paleo programming. He didn't just limit it to diet either. Good show.

Workout du Jour

Today I am pretty sore from the squats and deadlifts yesterday, but I've had worse. This morning I did a quick 16 minutes of hard intervals on the heavy bag, and then went outside and got some sunshine for 15 minutes. The heavy bag training can be pretty tiring, but it's also a lot of fun. If you have access to a gym with a heavy bag, you should give it a go! Or if you'd rather buy your own for home use - like I did - there are some pretty good deals at Amazon. I got my 80lb bag along with some nice heavy bag gloves for less than $100 - with free shipping it was still delivered within 48 hours. Not too shabby.

If you're interested, go here and look around for something that fits your needs. Hitting a heavy bag is stress-relieving, fat-burning and fun - plus it teaches you how to move correctly while striking. I love using mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment